Pressure vessels and accessories
ICB completes the design and calculation of pressure vessels and parts of pressure-retaining equipment according to recognized European and foreign standards and regulations.
- EN12952, EN12953
- AMSE VIII
- ASME B16.34
Examples of pressure vessels are:
- Process containers, equipment, tanks
- Separators, collectors, filters
- Containers under external excess pressure
- Gas storage containers (fluid gas tanks, cryotanks for liquified gases)
- Heat exchangers (condensers, heat exchanger)
- Pressure reservoirs
Pipes are not strictly regarded as pressure vessels and thus are designed and calculated according to separate standards/regulations. Valve bodies can be calculated—depending on how they are constructed—according to current regulations for pressure vessels or pipes or according to other specific standards.
Since 2002 pressure vessels with a maximum permissible operating excess operating pressure of over 0.5 bar have also been subject to EC directive 2014/68/EU (Pressure Equipment Directive).